Yellowstone Park West Entrance Opens for Warm Season Travel
At 8:00am the West Entrance to Yellowstone National Park will open for personal vehicle access to Old Faithful; Mammoth; Madison; and Norris to Canyon.
Other Spring Opening Dates:
- May 5: Canyon Junction to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Sylvan Pass).
- May 12: Lake to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), and South Entrance to West Thumb; Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- May 26: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass)
- May 26: Beartooth Highway
- Norris to Mammoth: expect 30-minute delays between Roaring Mountain and the Indian Creek Campground. Norris and Indian Creek campgrounds will remain open.
- Canyon Area: the Brink of Upper Falls and Inspiration Point are closed for the season.
For current conditions and more information visit: https://www.nps.gov/yell/planyourvisit/parkroads.htm