Welcome to West Yellowstone, Montana!
Below you will find a partial list of weekly activities and events happening in West Yellowstone. There is also a printable one page guide to family activities, local events and scenic drives.
On our home page look under “play” for our calendar of events along with other useful and interesting information about our unique area.
Please be cautious of wildlife along and on the highways as they migrate thru our area!
At a Glance:
- Yellowstone Over-the-Snow Season Begins: December 15
- Taste of the Trails: February 17
- Rendezvous Ski Race: March 2
- Kids ‘n’ Snow Weekend: March 2 – 3
- Skijoring Championships: March 9 – 10
- Snowmobile EXPO: March 15 – 17
- Yellowstone Over-the-Snow Winter Season Ends: March 15
- Yellowstone Cycle-Only Days: April 1 – 18
- Yellowstone West Entrance Opens to Regular Vehicle Traffic: April 19
- Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center: Open Everyday 8:30am to 4:00pm. They are a not-for-profit wildlife park accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Call 406-646-7001 or visit them online.
- Yellowstone Giant Screen: Open Daily. Call 406.646.4100
Showing Daily: “Yellowstone” and a Hollywood movie each evening.
- Infant/Toddler/Pre-School Story Hour: Tuesdays, 10:30am, Library
- Women’s Weekly Ski: Tuesdays, Noon, Freeheel & Wheel
- Historic Walking Tour: Self-guided, daily
- Adult Co-ed Volleyball: Thursdays, 7:00pm at the WY School Gym
- Co-ed Ultimate Frisbee: Tuesdays, 6:30 at the WY School Gym
- Yoga for Everyone: Classes are being offered every Thursday at 5:30pm at the Povah Community Center
- Martial Arts: Classes are being offered every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday at 6:30pm at the Povah Community Center
- Knit Nights: Thursdays, 6:00pm to 8:00pm at Chamber
- Game Night: Fridays, 6:00pm, Bullwinkles
- Live Poker: Wed. & Fri. evenings at 7:00pm, Buffalo Bar
- West Yellowstone Chess Club: Fridays, 4:00pm, West Yellowstone Public Library
For a printable version of activities and details please view the links below