West Yellowstone Weather and Roads (June 21-27, 2018):
- Friday: Partly sunny, with a high near 62F. Low around 40F. Scattered showers and thunderstorms likely.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy, with a high near 56F. Low around 38F. A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after noon.
- Sunday: Partly sunny with a high near 65F. Low around 40F.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 74F. Low around 44F.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 72F. Low around 39F.
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 70F. Low around 40F.
- Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 69F. Low around 37F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country.
YELLOWSTONE PARK ROADS
2018 Spring Opening Dates:
Conditions permitting, roads will open at 8:00 am on the following dates:
- OPEN: West Entrance to Madison, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Norris to Canyon.
- OPEN: East Entrance to Lake (Sylvan Pass), Canyon Junction to Lake.
- OPEN: South Entrance to West Thumb, Lake to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- OPEN: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass)
- OPEN: Beartooth Highway
- Norris to Mammoth (Roaring Mountain to Apollinaris Spring area)
- 2018 season: expect 30-minute delays beginning April 20, 2018 (excluding holiday weekends*). Norris and Indian Creek campgrounds will not be affected by this work.
- June 1 to October 8: additional nightly closures from 10 pm to 7 am (excluding Saturday nights and holiday weekends*).
- Canyon Village Area
- 2018 season: some destinations unavailable as part of the Canyon Overlooks and Trails Restoration Project.
- Fishing Bridge to Indian Pond (East Entrance Road)
- 2018 season: expect delays along the East Entrance Road between Fishing Bridge and Indian Pond (excluding holiday weekends*).
- October 15 to November 5: full closure of Fishing Bridge over the Yellowstone River. East Entrance Road will remain open to the point of construction on the east side of the bridge. However, people needing to travel through Yellowstone to Cody, Wyoming and beyond will need to use the Northeast Entrance during this closure.
*Holidays include Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day weekends.
Check travel conditions:
- Montana travel conditions (1-800-226-7623)
- Wyoming travel conditions (1-888-996-7623)
- Idaho – 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1.
2018 Fall Closing Dates:
- October 9: Tower Fall to Canyon (Dunraven Pass), Beartooth Highway (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana).
- November 5: All roads close at 8 am except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast Entrance.
- NO WHEELED VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED FROM NOV. 5-MID APRIL (except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance by permit only)
2018-2019 Winter Opening Dates:
Conditions permitting, roads will open to oversnow travel by snowmobile and snowcoach at 8 am on the following dates:
- December 15: West Entrance to Old Faithful, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Canyon to Norris, Canyon to Lake, Old Faithful to West Thumb, South Entrance to Lake, Lake to Lake Butte Overlook.
- December 22: East Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook (Sylvan Pass)
Check travel conditions: