West Yellowstone Weather & Roads (Monday, April 14, 2014): Tonight partly cloudy with the low around 22F. Tuesday and Wednesday partly cloudy with chance of showers. Highs around 40-45F and lows near 20F. Sun returning mid-week with temperatures rising back into the 50s (F) by the weekend. The West Gate to Yellowstone National Park opens this Friday, April 18th!
- Yellowstone: The road between the North and Northeast entrances is open to auto travel all year long. It provides access to Mammoth Hot Springs and Cooke City, Montana. Interior park roads from the North, West, and South Entrances closed Saturday, March 15th, for commercially-guided snowmobiles or snowcoaches, and will reopen April 18 to motorized travel. Park roads opened March 27 for travel by cycle, ski, snowshoe and hiking. Call 307-344-2117 for road updates. The Beartooth Pass is closed. Call 511 from your cell phone to check on the status of other roads outside the park.
Spring Opening Dates:
- April 18: Mammoth to Old Faithful; Madison to West Entrance; Norris to Canyon.
- May 2: Canyon to Lake; Lake to East Entrance (Lake is one mile south of Fishing Bridge).
- May 9: Lake to South Entrance; West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass); Tower to Tower Fall.
- May 23: Tower Fall to Canyon (Dunraven Pass); Beartooth Highway.
Grand Teton National Park ROADS:
The Teton Park Road will open to vehicle traffic on Thursday, May 1, 2013.
Grassy Lake Road in the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway is currently closed to all vehicles and will remain so from April 1 to May 31, due to springtime grizzly bear activity.