West Yellowstone Weather & Roads (Monday, March 3, 2014): Today, rain and snow. High near 41F. Rain changing to snow tonight with low around 23F. Snow accumulations 2-4 inches. Tuesday, snow likely before noon. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 33F. Clearing later Tuesday with low around 8F. Mostly sunny Wednesday and Thursday with highs near 40F and lows in the teens. Chance of snow going into the weekend. Be prepared for changing weather when traveling around Yellowstone Country!
- Yellowstone: The road between the North and Northeast entrances is open to auto travel all year long. It provides access to Mammoth Hot Springs and Cooke City, Montana. Interior park roads from the North, West, and South Entrances opened December 15 for commercially-guided snowmobiles or snowcoaches. Travel through the park's East Entrance over Sylvan Pass began December 22. Call 307-344-2117 for road updates. The Beartooth Pass is closed. Call 511 from your cell phone to check on the status of other roads outside the park.
- Travel restrictions may be in place over Sylvan Pass due to avalanche danger. Check status before traveling.
Projected Winter Closing Dates (weather permitting) to Oversnow Travel
(Guided snowmobile and snowcoach only)
- March 1: East Entrance Road closes at 9:00 p.m.
- March 2: Mammoth to Norris Junction closes at 9:00 p.m.
- March 4: Norris Junction to Canyon and Norris Junction to Madison close at 9:00 p.m.
- March 9: Canyon to Fishing Bridge closes at 9:00 p.m.
- March 15: Remaining groomed roads close at 9:00 p.m
Grand Teton National Park ROADS:
The Teton Park Road is not plowed after the first of November. During the time that the Teton Park Road remains free of snow, visitors are welcome to use the roadway for non-motorized recreation such as walking, bicycling, and in-line skating. Once the snow begins to accumulate on the road, winter season activities such as cross-country skiing, skate skiing and snow-shoeing become possible. In addition to road closures in Grand Teton National Park, the Grassy Lake Road within the John D. Rockefeller, Jr. Memorial Parkway is closed.