Welcome to West Yellowstone, Montana!
Below you will find a partial list of weekly activities and events happening in West Yellowstone. There is also a printable one page guide to family activities, local events and scenic drives.
On our home page look under “play” for our calendar of events along with other useful and interesting information about our unique area.
Please be cautious of wildlife along and on the highways as they migrate thru our area!
At a Glance:
- 1959 Hebgen Lake Earthquake 60th Anniversary: August 10 – August 18
- “Hebgen Lake Earthquake & Its Lasting Effects” Presentation: August 16
- 60th Anniversary of the Hebgen Lake Earthquake: August 17
- Memories Day for the 1959 Hebgen Lake Earthquake Anniversary : August 17
- Free Music in the Park: August 17
- Euro Nymphing Fundamentals Masterclass: August 17
- 6th Annual Ride to Remember: August 17
- Smokejumper Program at Refuge Point for the 1959 Earthquake Anniversary: August 18
- National Park Service Fee Free Day: August 25
- Trout Spey Days: September 13 – 14
- West Yellowstone Foundation Happening: September 21
- Old Faithful Cycle Tour: October 5
- Advanced Euro Nymphing Fundamentals Masterclass: October 5
- Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center: Open Everyday 8:30am to 6:00pm. They are a not-for-profit wildlife park accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Call 406-646-7001 or visit them online.
- Yellowstone Giant Screen: Open Daily. Call 406.646.4100. Showing Daily: “Yellowstone” and a Hollywood movie each evening.
- Infant/Toddler/Pre-School Story Hour: Tuesdays, 10:30am, Library
- Historic Walking Tour: Self-guided, daily
- Adult Co-ed Volleyball: Thursdays, 7:00pm at the WY School Gym
- Co-ed Ultimate Frisbee: Tuesdays, 6:30 at the WY School Gym
- Kids Rugby: Kids Ages 5-12. Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 at the WY School Gym
- Yoga for Everyone: Classes are being offered every Thursday at 5:30pm at the Povah Community Center
- Martial Arts: Classes are being offered every Tuesday and Wednesday at 4:00pm at the Povah Community Center
- Knit Nights: Thursdays, 6:00pm to 8:00pm at the Chamber of Commerce
- Game Night: Fridays, 6:00pm, Bullwinkles
- Live Poker: Wed. & Fri. evenings at 7:00pm, Buffalo Bar
- West Yellowstone Chess Club: Fridays, 4:00pm, West Yellowstone Public Library
- West Yellowstone Farmer’s Market: Thursdays, 5:00-8:00 PM, West Yellowstone Town Park
- Guided Walking Tours of the Historic District: Daily, 5:30 PM, Yellowstone Historic Center
- English Classes: Wednesdays, 5:00-6:00, West Yellowstone Public Library
- Spanish Classes: Thursdays, 5:00-6:00, West Yellowstone Public Library
- Fiber Art Exhibit at the West Yellowstone Public Library: Daily through September 30
For a printable version of activities and details please view the links below