Welcome to West Yellowstone, Montana!
Below you will find a partial list of weekly activities and events happening in West Yellowstone. There is also a printable one page guide to family activities, local events and scenic drives.
On our home page look under “play” for our calendar of events along with other useful and interesting information about our unique area.
Please be cautious of wildlife along and on the highways as they migrate thru our area!
At a Glance:
- Annual Firefighter BBQ: July 4
- Pie on the Porch of the Museum: July 4
- 4th of July Parade: July 4
- Free Music in the Park: July 4
- Independence Day Celebration: July 4
- 1959 Earthquake Book Signing at the Museum: July 5
- Wild Bill Days at the Wild West Yellowstone Rodeo: July 6
- Mountain Bike Biathlon: July 13
- Yellowstone Air Fair: July 20
- Free Music in the Park: July 20
- Yellowstone Historic Center Heritage Celebration: July 20
- Smoking Waters Mountain Man Rendezvous: August 2 – August 11
- Free Music in the Park: August 2
- Free Music in the Park: August 17
- West Yellowstone Foundation Happening: September 21
- Old Faithful Cycle Tour: October 5
- Grizzly & Wolf Discovery Center: Open Everyday 8:30am to 6:00pm. They are a not-for-profit wildlife park accredited by the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. Call 406-646-7001 or visit them online.
- Yellowstone Giant Screen: Open Daily. Call 406.646.4100. Showing Daily: “Yellowstone” and a Hollywood movie each evening.
- Infant/Toddler/Pre-School Story Hour: Tuesdays, 10:30am, Library
- Historic Walking Tour: Self-guided, daily
- Adult Co-ed Volleyball: Thursdays, 7:00pm at the WY School Gym
- Co-ed Ultimate Frisbee: Tuesdays, 6:30 at the WY School Gym
- Kids Rugby: Kids Ages 5-12. Wednesdays, 3:30-5:00 at the WY School Gym
- Yoga for Everyone: Classes are being offered every Thursday at 5:30pm at the Povah Community Center
- Martial Arts: Classes are being offered every Tuesday and Wednesday at 4:00pm at the Povah Community Center
- Knit Nights: Thursdays, 6:00pm to 8:00pm at the Chamber of Commerce
- Game Night: Fridays, 6:00pm, Bullwinkles
- Live Poker: Wed. & Fri. evenings at 7:00pm, Buffalo Bar
- West Yellowstone Chess Club: Fridays, 4:00pm, West Yellowstone Public Library
- West Yellowstone Farmer’s Market: Thursdays, 5:00-8:00 PM, West Yellowstone Town Park
For a printable version of activities and details please view the links below