West Yellowstone Weather & Roads
December 9, 2019 – December 15, 2019:
- Monday: Mostly sunny with a high near 25F. Low around 13F.
- Tuesday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 25F. Low around 17F.
- Wednesday: Cloudy with a high near 27F. Low around 16F.
- Thursday: Snow showers. Cloudy with a high near 28F. Low around 23F.
- Friday: Snow showers. Cloudy with a high near29F. Low around 9F.
- Saturday: Snow showers. Cloudy with a high near 22F. Low around 5F.
- Sunday: Partly cloudy with a high near 17F. Low around 1F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country.
2019 Yellowstone Closing Date
- NO WHEELED VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED FROM NOV. 5 – MID APRIL (except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance by permit only)
2019-2020 Winter Opening Dates
Conditions permitting, roads will open to oversnow travel by snowmobile and snowcoach at 8 am on the following dates:
- December 15: West Entrance to Old Faithful, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Canyon to Norris, Canyon to Lake, Old Faithful to West Thumb, South Entrance to Lake, Lake to Lake Butte Overlook.
- December 22: East Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook (Sylvan Pass)