West Yellowstone Weather and Roads (July 18-24, 2018):
- Wednesday: Sunny, with a high near 78F. Low around 43F. Slight chance of afternoon showers.
- Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 78F. Low around 41F.
- Friday: Sunny, with a high near 81F. Low around 46F.
- Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 79F. Low around 46F.
- Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 77F. Low around 42F.
- Monday: Sunny, with a high near 75F. Low around 42F.
- Tuesday: Sunny, with a high near 75F. Low around 42F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country.
YELLOWSTONE PARK ROAD
- OPEN: West Entrance to Madison, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Norris to Canyon.
- OPEN: East Entrance to Lake (Sylvan Pass), Canyon Junction to Lake.
- OPEN: South Entrance to West Thumb, Lake to West Thumb, West Thumb to Old Faithful (Craig Pass), Tower Junction to Tower Fall.
- OPEN: Tower Fall to Canyon Junction (Dunraven Pass)
- OPEN: Beartooth Highway
- Norris to Mammoth (Roaring Mountain to Apollinaris Spring area)
- 2018 season: expect 30-minute delays beginning April 20, 2018 (excluding holiday weekends*). Norris and Indian Creek campgrounds will not be affected by this work.
- June 1 to October 8: additional nightly closures from 10 pm to 7 am (excluding Saturday nights and holiday weekends*).
- Canyon Village Area
- 2018 season: some destinations unavailable as part of the Canyon Overlooks and Trails Restoration Project.
- Fishing Bridge to Indian Pond (East Entrance Road)
- 2018 season: expect delays along the East Entrance Road between Fishing Bridge and Indian Pond (excluding holiday weekends*).
- October 15 to November 5: full closure of Fishing Bridge over the Yellowstone River. East Entrance Road will remain open to the point of construction on the east side of the bridge. However, people needing to travel through Yellowstone to Cody, Wyoming and beyond will need to use the Northeast Entrance during this closure.
*Holidays include Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day weekends.
Check travel conditions:
- Montana travel conditions (1-800-226-7623)
- Wyoming travel conditions (1-888-996-7623)
- Idaho – 511.idaho.gov or dial 5-1-1.
2018 Fall Closing Dates:
- October 9: Tower Fall to Canyon (Dunraven Pass), Beartooth Highway (US 212 to Red Lodge, Montana).
- November 5: All roads close at 8 am except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast Entrance.
- NO WHEELED VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED FROM NOV. 5-MID APRIL (except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance by permit only)
2018-2019 Winter Opening Dates:
Conditions permitting, roads will open to oversnow travel by snowmobile and snowcoach at 8 am on the following dates:
- December 15: West Entrance to Old Faithful, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Canyon to Norris, Canyon to Lake, Old Faithful to West Thumb, South Entrance to Lake, Lake to Lake Butte Overlook.
- December 22: East Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook (Sylvan Pass)
Check travel conditions: