West Yellowstone Weather & Roads
January 12, 2020 – January 18, 2020:
- Sunday: Snow possible. Partly cloudy with a high near 24F. Low around 10F.
- Monday: Snow possible. Partly cloudy with a high near 20F. Low around 16F.
- Tuesday: Snow possible. Partly cloudy with a high near 23F. Low around 5F.
- Wednesday: Partly sunny with a high near 17F. Low around 7F.
- Thursday: Cloudy with a high near 34F. Low around 23F.
- Friday: Snow possible. Mostly cloudy with a high near 26F. Low around 11F.
- Saturday: Mostly cloudy with a high near 25F. Low around 14F.
Changing weather conditions exist. Be prepared when traveling through Yellowstone Country.
2019 Yellowstone Closing Date
- NO WHEELED VEHICLES ARE PERMITTED FROM NOV. 5 – MID APRIL (except the road between the North Entrance and the Northeast entrance by permit only)
2019-2020 Winter Opening Dates
Conditions permitting, roads will open to oversnow travel by snowmobile and snowcoach at 8 am on the following dates:
- December 15: West Entrance to Old Faithful, Mammoth to Old Faithful, Canyon to Norris, Canyon to Lake, Old Faithful to West Thumb, South Entrance to Lake, Lake to Lake Butte Overlook.
- December 22: East Entrance to Lake Butte Overlook (Sylvan Pass)